First test of restrainment mechanism

Today I built a prototype of the restrainment mechanisms (see Initial Restrainment Mechansim Design), attached it to a wooden board, and tested it with one of the captive scorpions.

Here’s a photo (the white pieces of velcro are left over from a previous velcro-strap setup that didn’t work):

Notes/Issues:

There were two issues with the design: The type of velcro I used did not have enough grip, and needs to be replaced with a more sturdy wire-tie type velcro, and the angle of the block was not high enough. I switched out the velcro and sanded the block down to a steeper angle.

Advertisements

One thought on “First test of restrainment mechanism

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s