Initial trigger mechanism design

Given my experience with the Ardiuno microcontroller I decided to build the trigger mechanism with it. My initial design is a HiTec servo controlled by the Arduino, which in turn was sent commands from my computer via a Bluetooth module. The servo will move a pushrod with a piece of foam at the end that will contact the scorpion, hopefully causing it to react by stinging the piece of foam.

For the programming, I used both the Arduino IDE and Processing, the language on which the Arduino IDE is based.

Here (click to view, right click and “Save Link As..” to download) is version 1.4 of the Arduino code. All it does is take a serial command from the computer and move the servo to the requested angle.

Here (click to view, right click and “Save Link As..” to download) is version 1.2 of the Processing code that runs on my computer and sends commands via serial to the Arduino. It creates a 4×4 grid of buttons and sends various commands set in the code. Here is a screenshot:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s