Project goals

At the start of my participation in the project there were two goals: Get high speed video of the scorpion stinging from multiple angles, and get MR (magnetic resonance) images of the tail to determine structure (see Work with SMoRG for more in depth introduction).

I was assigned to work with an undergraduate student, John De La Cruz, who is a bioengineering major, and was also working on the project. We decided to first tackle the problem of getting the high speed video from multiple angles; John decided to work on the construction of the box and mirrors and I decided to work on the scorpion retainment system and the remote mechanism to trigger the scorpion sting.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s